Sunday, January 6, 2013

Same product.....new twist....

Here's a new twist on using products other than intended. I was cooking some quiona this morning and instead of paying attention, i.e. not playing on the computer, it burnt !! It was a mess. I remembered my son telling me about soaking such messes with fabric softener sheets. I had tried it before with much success and walla... It worked again !! After it soaked for a little while it washed right up.
 
Now it was on to the laundry. Here about a week  ago I learned that vinegar makes a good fabric softener. That too works, and no, your clothes don't come out smelling like vinegar !!
 
I have twice now made my own laundry soap. But I have found that the only way to grate the soap is TO HAND GRATE IT. I almost burned up my vita mix trying it an easier way. Talk about an expensive error !!  So glad that little voice told me to stop !!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janie, thanks for visiting my blog. I have never heard of using fabric softener sheets to help clean burnt pans but what a great idea, thanks for sharing. I often seem to have a burnt pan soaking in my kitchen sink for some reason.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an ingenues way to clean what you burn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. Stop by again!!

Janie