Thursday, February 21, 2013

An icy day....

 
 
Today in the Ozarks we had freezing rain blow in. I got up and made it to work only to leave after being there an hour. Living in the country is a blessing until the weather turns bad. Because of our hills we have to wait until the county road crew can plow the snow. Or on days like today we have to wait until it melts off so we can go anywhere. Anywhere as in work.....needless to say today was a bonus day off, which doesn't make me sad. I was able to make my laundry soap....warm biscuits from the oven and crochet 10 more hexagons for my afghan. I only have around 30 to 40 more to go!!!
 
My outdoor flag is frozen solid!!
 

 
The icicles on my bottle tree.....
 
 
The trees are bent over with all the exta weight.
 
My pray is that with more rain forcasted we don't lose power!!

5 comments:

  1. I live in St. Louis and would love to help you on your mission with hats and scarves. How do I get in touch with you? My email: twench2003 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That certainly knocks our cold into a cocked hat - it's minus three and my nose will not warm up! Your new header is fab - well done x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's cold! Nice to have a bonus day off work though, and it sounds like you spent it in a very pleasant way.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's cold. The icicles on your flag are something special and I just love love love your bottle tree. Take care. Chel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, those poor trees. I hope you don't lose too many branches with all the weight of the ice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. Stop by again!!

Janie