Monday, February 18, 2013

When old friends leave us.....

 
Recently an old friend passed away. Her children now have the task of letting go......
 
One of items I was fortunate to receive was her whole collection of Workbasket magazine. The issues go back to 1963 through the early 90's. So many of the ads I can remember as a child and young adult. The 25 cent purchase price made me smile....
 
 
When looking at the dates I would think....that's the year President Kennedy was shot.......
 
I graduated high school......
 
The year my twins were born.....
 
All kinds of memories drifted by.
 
 
There are a lot of knitting and crocheting patterns.......



 
This yarn is very thick and made of cotton. I would never think of using it.....rather a neat display item..
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments. Stop by again!!

Janie